Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z9 W3Z72A
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi. I am troubleshooting a Designjet Z9. Small horizontals lines on the printing. The use a very thick paper (more like cardboard), weight: 290 gr.

The customer was printing for 2 years with this kind of paper and never had any problem. They have this problem since a paper got jam when it cut the paper. I have clean under the carriage, the sides of the printheads, check the starwheel ruler, check the paper path. Everything look good, but still have this issue.

Any idea someone?

unnamed[2].jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It look like the starwheel might be bend, but i am not sure.

HP Recommended

Anyone have an idea about the cause of the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi. My customer is able to print on the same type of paper, on a Canon plotter. Can the paper on a paper jam fold the starwheel?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you using the correct paper profile when loading roll? if yes I suggest contacting our Support to get an advanced troubleshoot and resolution.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the reply. For this time, my customer have put an hold on it. We have tried different paper settings, but the issue still remain. I will contact HP if the customer want to continue with the repair of the plotter. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I mention "Fold the starwheel" but the word i should have use is "bend the starwheel bar". They use a very thick paper and the issue happen after the paper jam with this very thick paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.