Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 2530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have the driver downloaded, it comes as an executible. (.exe) When I run it an install information box flashes by but then nothing happens. I can try and install the printer manually, I have the IP, but there is no available .inf file for Windows to identify the driver from. What is going on here? I have NEVER had such a confusing install of a simple printer.

The driver is HP_DesignJet_T930-T1530-T2530.exe timestamped ‎Monday, ‎November ‎16, ‎2015 5:40:42 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We have a restriction on our network that no one can install software on their own machine without the Domain Administrator login and password. When this driver unpack runs from the executible it does not ask for the Admin login to continue, it just fails. I logged into the users PC as Admin, then ran the executible and it unpacked and installed without a problem. The printer was available to the user when he logged back in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not know about this driver, but sometimes if you look in the root directory of your computer for a directory that begins with HP the files may be in that directory.

HP Recommended

I installed this driver on my PC and it worked as I expected. Dialogue came up, it found the printer on the network, installed the driver and finished. Now it is installed on my PC. I'm going to try logging in as Administrator and doing the install, maybe it just doesn't run correctly due to permissions. Thanks for the thought.

HP Recommended

We have a restriction on our network that no one can install software on their own machine without the Domain Administrator login and password. When this driver unpack runs from the executible it does not ask for the Admin login to continue, it just fails. I logged into the users PC as Admin, then ran the executible and it unpacked and installed without a problem. The printer was available to the user when he logged back in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.