cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
clivep
Level 1
16 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Designjet t790

HP Recommended
Designjet t790
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Designjet t790 is showing all inks as faulty, this can only be rectified by changing the inks. The inks are all hp brand and have only been installed 1 month, this is the second time this has happened. Has anyone had this happen to them and what is the cure?

2 REPLIES 2
68droptop
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish I knew the answer to this as well.  This forum is useless for the answer.

I have had two HP tech come in, both have tried to figure it out and said they would do some research only to never get an answer. 

I have now purchsed two sets of ink, a set of printheads and a new hard drive to no avail.

I am now positive this was caused by HP's new firmware 11.  I cannot downgrade it at this point and the new hardrive is showing an error because I have an older firmware that I would like ot install on it but it locks it up and says to contact HP support.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
68droptop
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found out that HP did hange the firmware on another line of products that has caused the EXACT same issue.  However, since it is a line that has a far larger user base, enough people screamed quickly and HP had to admit they made a "mistake" in the firmware update.

I just discovere they had to issue a firmware patch two weeks ago that disables "Dynamic Security Feature" which is the supposid culprit for the issue.

I am almost positive that this is what they did to the Designjet series of printers as well.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/09/14/hp-pushes-third-party-ink-blocking-printer-firmware-update-again/

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation