cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
JackoC
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Designjet z3200 doesn't print (but goes through the motions)

HP Recommended
DesignJet z3200 Photo

When sent a print either over the network or by the USB port the printer looks and sounds like it's printing but ejects blank paper at the end of the print cycle. Test prints initiated from the onboard menu print out beautifully.

It was working until recently. The printer is reporting no problems.

Is there a compatibility issue between the FW and drivers?

FW: TR12-RB_13.0.1.2  << Not the latest

Driver : 1.76.21822.200 (X64, Win10) << The latest

Unfortunately the FW upgrade page is password protected and no-one knows it (they left last year). Can the password be reset by a factory reset (assuming one exists)? How?

I also note that accessing the web management interface takes >2 mins even though the printer is properly DNS resolved and responds to pings (<30ms). Once connected it is responsive (loading pages in <1sec).

Any help would be appreciated as I have lots of big prints stacked up!

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kmrocheman
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi thanks for the replies.   i found setting i needed:  orientation = auto portrait/landscape.  that centers image on sheet and provides larger left margin.  and yes we also installed Win10 driver and that works fine.

JackoC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled the full Win10 package and just installed the basic PCL driver. Same result.

Does anyone know if there is incompatibility between the printer FW and the drivers? if I need to install the latest FW how do I get around the password issue?

Thanks for any ideas.

JackoC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the orientation setting on the printer or in the Win10 printer settings ?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation