cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ABNDesign
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Designjet z6100ps carriage rattling on start gives "possible paper jam" w/ no paper

HP Recommended
Designjet z6100ps
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have a deisgnjett z6100 and the carriage/belt rattles like crazy when it comes to rest in the service area at the end of start up following right side bump.

The belt had broken so I replaced that, as well as, the encoder strip, sensor and brushless motor. I'm attaching a video so you can see the fairly violent rattle at the end of the initialization. I'm out of ideas, short of burying it in a field somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YIySTwzKKSfAXLbu_-3Gp7naKE57ePo8

1 REPLY 1
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you check to make sure you put the belt on correctly. The inside of the belt has two types of grooves for when it travels over the pulley and when it travels on the motor. You need to move the carriage by hand with the power off and look to make sure the ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| grooves only go over the motor when you move the carriage from right to left and back and at the same time only the ====================== grooves go over the pulley. The other thing which bothers me is the slamming of the carriage at both ends like it is not reading the lines of the encoder correctly so the carriage thinks it has further to go before reaching the end on the right and left sides. Did you remember to put back the carriage stopper on the right side which is a small black plastic piece that is screwed into the right side by the end bracket.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation