cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Renés
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Desinjet 500 Plus

HP Recommended
C7770F
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

have trouble with designjet 500plus,

the print run and the printquality is normal, but after a little time the quality from black lines are bit by bit brighter and to the end no black ink on the paper…

in use was no original ink with many problems (no accepted  cartridges etc)…

therefore  we changed Printhead Black + Ink Tubes Assy + Ink Supply +  all Ink  now original HP Ink….

the printer works one week without problems,,, but now I have the self problem with the bit by bit brighter black lines…

calibration,calibration,calibration its no better

Does somebody has any idea

Thanks René:indifferent:

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you changed the ink tube assembly was it new and did you prime the tubes using setup heads. If not that is your problem as you have tubes with lots of air in them and since you use mostly black ink it is not being refilled due to the air. Some air gets thru the air pockets so when you stop printing the bottom of the printhead gets enough ink to start printing again but soon runs out. You need to make sure there is no air in the ink tubes and hate to say it, but you may need to replace the printheads again. Once heads are used with air in the tubes it destroys the head and using them will cause air to again get into the tubes.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Renés
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thank you very much,

I have ordered new setupheads and new printheads,,,,and i hope for the best...:smileyhappy:

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation