cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
KBC123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Deskjet 460 - "Open Door" Message

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer will not print because it says the door is open, however all doors are closed.  I am guessing there is a sensor causing this but I need help knowing if there is a easy fix. Can I "fool" the printer so it will print?

KBC1234

1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @KBC123,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer gives an error message "door is open"

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

When was the last time it worked fine? 

Please perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue: 

Follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Step one: Close the cartridge door completely

If the cartridge door is not completely closed, the error message displays.

1. Open, and then close the cartridge door of the product. Make sure that the door rests securely against the body of the product.

Figure : Examples of closing the cartridge door (your product might vary)

Illustration of different ways cartridge doors close.

NOTE:

To see how to close the cartridge door of your specific model, see the cartridge section of your product's User Guide.

2. Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

Step two: Check the cartridge door for obstructions

1. Inspect the door and the area around it to make sure that no obstructions prevent the door from closing completely.

NOTE:

Bits of paper, packing materials, and tape might prevent the door from closing completely.

2. Remove any obstructions.

3. Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

Step three: Reset the product

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE TROUBLESHOOTING

Keep me posted!

Have a great day 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation