cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
cblake33
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Driver for T730

HP Recommended
T730
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Designjet T730, which I have connected to my Windows 10 computer with no issues.  I have a networked Windows 7 computer that is not able to get the correct driver.

When I plot an AutoCad file with the driver that HP website has, the image comes out oversized.  Even though the software Autocad's preview shows the image correctly, a portion of the image prints out on the full sheet.  

This happened originally with the Windows 10 Computer, but I was able to download a different driver that solved this issue.  

Is there a specific driver recommended for Window 7 (64 bit) system for this plotter?

THanks.

1 REPLY 1
JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update firmware to last version available.

Since you are using AutoCAD, I would suggest you to download PCL3 drivers from hp.com for both Windows 7 & 10 machines tha you have, remove all other drivers and use only PCL3.

In your case I would suggest to avoid using HP-GL2 drivers (since AutoCAD sometimes generates plot file in HP-GL which is just pushed to printer, than AutoCAD will have different output from different PC because of slight difference in versions , local settings...- can happen). 

With PCL3 driver, Windows Print Server will rasterize everything based on driver settings and then send job to printer. PCL3 is kind of more promising to have repeatable output from different workstations.

Please, if you do it as described, tell us what you have experienced.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation