cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Clairegb
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Driver issues T120

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had problems with my T120 only wanting to print on multisheet and not on the roll despite changing the settings to roll on every preference screen I can find. On a post some time ago I was told that this is an issue and to uninstall and re-install the printer and update firmare etc. 

I have uninstalled the printer but now that I have re-installed it can't find the driver. I have tried to download them several times. It downloads the file then when you clisk on it and it is supposed to start the install it just goes to an unzip screen. You unzip the files and nothing else happens. Sometimes I get a screen in Spanish asking if I want to overwrite the existing files.

How can I get it to install the drivers?

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to load the drivers manually. When you get the unzip screen, change the directory to C:\520 and click on unzip. Now just go to add printer and let if find the printer and when the sreen comes up with the makers page or something else asking for the drivers just point to the C:\520 directory and the computer should find the drivers and load them. Good Luck.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Clairegb
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for this but when you 'add printer' it finds the HP but just says 'Driver unavailable' underneath. There is no pop up screen or any way of adding the drivers that I can find. When I go into 'devices and printers' the HP is there and when you troubleshoot it says it is working fine, so you don't get led to a screen where you can add drivers. If I try to print something the HP is not in the list of available printers despite being in devices and printers.

If you go into devices and printers and click on the properties for the HP and then click on drivers it says that there are no drivers required or available for this device. All of the other options such as 'update driver' are blanked so that they can't be selected.

Is there another way of asking it to add the drivers? Thanks

Added comment:

I have just managed to get a screen that does allow me to update the driver but when I click on the files that I have downloaded it says that they are not compatible. I have now also downloaded the universal driver from the HP site and that doesn't work either. It is saying that I have the best driver installed being the generic Windows driver but it still doesn't work and says driver unavailable on the printer settings screen. It does also say in the 'not compatible' message to check that the driver is ok for 64bit systems, but I have tried all of the drivers available on the HP site so don't know where else to try!

Thanks again

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation