cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Ian_Hoyle
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Drivers not working

HP Recommended
Designjet z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried both new printer drivers, the 200 and 400 (V4) and both return error printing messages.

Over the last few months I have tried many times, sometimes they work, sort of, and usually they report an error.

I have had them printing as if I have an 18"roll of paper, even though I have 24".

Can I get hold of the previous version of the printer drivers?, as I seem to have got rid of the last working set of drivers.

10 REPLIES 10
Ian_Hoyle
Author
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a quick up-date.

I just did a clean install of the 200 drivers, and got 2 prints out of the printer.

now it won't print any more, and will need to do another clean install.

You would think that HP could write driver that work.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You only need one  & try to download the basic pcl driver & pick the correct Windows 10 version :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z2100-photo-printer-series/3204963

Go to printer property & remove all & keep one only.. the unzip the downloaded pcl driver & go to

advance, update driver & point to where you save the driver..

it should work fine & myself have 2, but running Win 7 64 bit.... Win 10 should be fine, as long as driver available.

Ian_Hoyle
Author
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

Thanks.

This always make me feel so useless.

I tried installing the drivers, but Windows wont let me change drivers, for some reason.

Re-installed the drivers using the HP installer, same problem, won't print, unless you use print preview, then it does print.

Go figure, I believe the Americans say, or **bleep** as I shout...

I had no problems with the priter using Win 7.

Ian

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Be patience & more careful to update your printer  driver. I am sure many

users here are using Win 10 with same printer.

Myself have been using Windows 7 since Microsft relased it & I went to
Boca Raton, Florida to attend  the Microsoft Windows 7 seminar & got this free copy.

Simply unzip the right version driver, the go to

printer property      >     right click that   online printer > advance   >   change setting ?  

update driver ?   have     disc ?     browse ?    point to the directory where you saved your new driver
(  I am not using Win 10 & not sure exact steps   )

Should work, trust me.

Ian_Hoyle
Author
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

Yes, that is what you do in Win 10, but, when I do it on my Pc Windows says it can't change the drivers, as that function is not allowed.

Ian

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You missed the third option

Ian_Hoyle
Author
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't keep me in suspence,........3rd option?

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just went to check my Z2100 :

printer property            right click   z2100       printer properties            advance               have disc

where your downloaded win10 driver               ??????    rest     yours.

make sure you click      the right    online    z2100              if you have more than 1, get rid of others.

Nothing else I could ever think off....

Ian_Hoyle
Author
Level 2
34 27 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, they still don't work properly.

Today I printed 8 pictures, and needed to reboot my PC 6 times to get them printed.

Please can HP sort out this dud driver.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation