cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jsgvisuals
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Dumb Question regarding designjet 1050c setup

HP Recommended
hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope this isnt such a dumb question, but Im a little stuck on whats next. I have recently purchase a designjet1050c and I need to know how to get it online with my computer at home. Im sure what Is required to get it to be able to print jobs, I see a plug on the back of the machine for a network plug/cable, where will this go, to my router or my laptop, if it goes to my router what else do i need to configure in my computer in order to be able to send jobs to the printer, I though it would be as simple as a direct connection like my vinyl cutter through usb, but I see there is only a cat5 or similar plug on the back of the designjet.  Please excuse my stupidity for questions on a subject im just now learning about. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE to anyone who decides to help me on this.

1 REPLY 1
meat1820
Level 4
109 100 8 16
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this forum link might help you get steered in the right direction.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/designjet-1050C-driv...

Remember,, you can also search for 1050c subjects in the search box on the main page for large format printing.

report back to us on how you are doing with your hook up.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation