Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T790
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I cannot access all menu on my printer (T790)

It shows : Access denied Contact the printer administrator

How can I fix this problem ?

Now I cannot print, set IP and anything.

Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi BANHca,

It appears that someone, a user or I.T. person has setup an admin password to control who can use and setup the printer.

I am assuming by your post that you may have purchased a used printer with this already setup on the printer or

someone in the office is no longer working there who would have this info or the info is lost.

The only way that I know how you may correct this is to do an EEROM reset from the diagnostics menu.

NOTE: You will lose all user info (date, time, usage, etc)

To enter the menu you need to push a sequence of buttons on the front panel during the startup.

Entering the Diagnostics Menu
1. Make sure the product is switched off with the Power key on the side of the Touch Screen Panel,
and not with the power switch on the back of the product.
2. Press and release the Power key to switch on the product.
3. Wait for about 10 seconds until the 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel have come on and then
press and release one after another Cancel> Home> Eject buttons.
NOTE: Do not push the icons all at the same time, push each one in the order shown above and
release each icon before pressing on the next icon.
4. The 6 buttons on the Touch Control Panel will then blink 4 times; then wait until the product
completes the initialization sequence and shows the Diagnostics menu.
5. In the Diagnostics menu scroll up and down

I just saw that there may also be a selection to reset Front Panel Lockdown. - Try this first.

Good Luck

Roy K

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your support

I tried as your guide, but the Diagnostics menu is not appear.

I turn on and off my Printer by button on front of printer, then turn on, wait and press sequence the button : Home, Cancel , Eject

But it's not success.

Please help me, now Printer in my office, I cannot repair and my boss's so angry. T_T

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear.

This was from an old Manual.

If you have a more updated Firmware then the Home button will appear earlier than the others.  Push the button once you see it. Then, when all the other buttons appear, use the sequence as described above.

Not sure what else you can do after that. 

If you need to contact HP directly they will charge for their services.

Good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

DID NOT WORK STILL HAVE ERROR 

HP Recommended

I tried. But it's not work.

Huhu

@Roy_Kuzmich wrote:

Sorry to hear.

This was from an old Manual.

If you have a more updated Firmware then the Home button will appear earlier than the others.  Push the button once you see it. Then, when all the other buttons appear, use the sequence as described above.

Not sure what else you can do after that. 

If you need to contact HP directly they will charge for their services.

Good Luck,

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.