cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dirtynukes
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Error 79:04 - Need firmware

HP Recommended
HP Designjet t1200

I'm getting error 79:04. I've followed the manual and completed all the fixes. I am down to the last possible fix...upgrade firmware.  Where can i obtain the latest firmware? I want firmware.FMW and firmware.PLT versions. All links attempted did not work to include the link in the manual http://bcnsite.bpo.hp.com/csw.

Please consider that this system is at a remote site that I can not readily access.

No EWS access either.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You do not need a special file. Just the standard fmw file should work with the usb drive.

From the troubleshooting documentation. Also format the flash drive in fat 32. You just put the file on the flash drive, insert the drive and turn on the plotter. The plotter will see the file and give you instructions on the control panel.

Firmware upgrade with USB flash drive The USB host port can be used to upgrade the printer's firmware of the printer using a standard USB flash drive. In this case only a valid .FMW firmware package may be stored in the drive, with no other files. Connect the USB flash drive and follow the instructions on the front panel.

Keep in mind if you have changed parts on this plotter with used parts you purchased a firmware upgrade or load may not help as there are many parts used with the same part number used by different plotters and they are not interchangeable between machines. All hp parts come with no model information on them and that info is written to the board when the part is intalled. Example the interconnect board is used on many models but only an interconnect board that is used will only work on the same model that it came from.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dirtynukes
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB will be tried but I want to have the option to FTP too. I'll just assume HP doesnt support this anymore which is fine. I've already shipped at7200 to replace the broken plotter.

Thanks for the reply.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation