cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Rgusovius
Level 3
54 41 2 9
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Error 79:04 and 81:01 Errors

HP Recommended
T790 24" CR648A

I am experiencing the above errors 79:04 & 81:01. I did look for any gap in the beam. No gap, the machine has not been moved since it has been delivered years ago. The firmware was upgraded on the first trip. The customer recently has been getting paper jams 81:01. I have been there 3 times and i was unable to get the machine to duplicate this error. I have ran diagnostics, media drive and rewinders and both pass. I checked the connections on the engine PCA and the media advance drive. I adjusted and calibrated the encoder disc on the first trip out there for this issue. On the 3rd trip out there I replaced the media advance drive transmission, calibrated encoder disc performed paper advance calibration. Everything tested good, the customer ran 6-8 plots and no issues. I called the customer 3 days later and they stated everything is working good. Yesterday the customer calls and says the machine is jamming again with the 81:01. I have done everything for this issue following the service manual.

Before you all start thinking of solutions, I am certified on the complete line of the designjets since early 2000. I have worked on a lot of machines with this error and I was able to resolve. This one is a challenge and I need some assistance. The customer is using HP paper.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have been doing this a long time, started with the 450C in 95 and the one thing I have learned over the years is that customers can do things that they do not tell you about or leave out important infomation. The fact that you could not duplicate the error during 3 trips, but as soon as you leave it happens tells me the user is doing something which is effecting how the machine in running. Paper advance errors can occur for a number of reasons and believe it or not restricting the movement of the paper roll during printing will cause the error. Ask the customer if they are doing anything with the media. Also find out if they just loaded a roll. Sometimes the roll even though you say HP media is to large in circumference restructubg the movement of the roll and hence effecting forware movement. This is where I would start.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jorge70
Level 4
101 101 6 13
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello.
I think that you have a problem with the media motor advance. you must perform the mechanical and automatic motor media calibration. Check the media sensor too and if you don't resolve it you have change power supply.
I hope helps

Rgusovius
Author
Level 3
54 41 2 9
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I already replaced the media advance transmission calibrated media advance. Tested 15 plots on site. No jams, customer called back 3 days later said it was jamming, I asked them for an error code they couldn't provide me one. I went out on site the next morning plotted 10 plots no jams, come to find out it was the software program they were printing from causing the Jamming issue. Settings on the wrong driver loaded. DUH!!!! On their part. They kept blaming the hardware. I really hate stupid users who doesn't even know how to use their own software. Problem solved. Thanks all for your professional input.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation