cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
bene100
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Error 86:01 after belt replacement

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z2100 Photo Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear community,

I replaced the carriage belt in my Designjet Z2100 because it was broken. After finishing the replacement, I turned the printer on when the carriage is on the right side in the station. The carriage moved one time to the left and then again to the right side.

But every time the carriage fails to drive into the right service station. It stops more or less directly before (see picture). Then I get a 86:01 error.

If you move the carriage by hand, it is very hard to get the carriage inside the service station. It seems that the height of the floor of the service station is a bit different?! You can see also a scratch on the photo without the carriage.

Before I take out the complete machine again, what is the most possible solution for this problem?

Thanks for your help!

20171119_165835.jpg20171119_165813.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
EOJTech
Level 4
68 65 9 19
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There is a "carriage rear bushing" (Q5669-60687) that sits on top of the carriage that likely broke when you reinstalled the carriage, and may be missing altogether. Very easy thing to do. You should get two in a pack when you order (about $25.00).

You may have to take the carriage back out to access it. It's just a small piece of plastic with a lubricating pad that clips onto the top on the back side of the carriage. You can see it as item #5 on page 7-17 of the service manual.

If you can get the carriage all the way into the service station (lift the front of the carriage just a little bit to guide it), and have the cover off, you may be able to access it that way. It's tough that way but may save you some time if your confident.

With it missing, it knocks the alignment of the carriage off by a couple of millimeters, causing it to "crash" near the service station. Not the best system in the world.

If you do have to remove the carriage, be very careful when reinstalling it. Now that you know it's there, pay particular attention to guide it in.

Hope that helps. If it's not the problem perhaps an HP rep is monitoring to give you some other advice.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hawker
Level 1
12 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Q5669-60687  part number for bushing

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation