cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Brizio68
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Error 86:01

HP Recommended
Designjet T610 44"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning to all...

I have e problem with the printer HP Designjet T610.

After the change of the belt assembly the printer's display show the error 86:01 (paper jams) but there isn't any problem with the paper.

Also I can not access to the menu but the error message remains in the display.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
gringod
Level 4
78 57 4 7
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi 

it shows the carraige is battling to move.

check that you have put the encoder back correctly.

check that the belt is tightend all the way.

make sure the carraige can move freely to borh ends of the printer.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Brizio68
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've already verified this and the error persists.
Can it be a problem with some electronic card or can it only be a hardware problem?

gringod
Level 4
78 57 4 7
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is it stopping at the same place?

or does it stop any where along the rail?

it is unlikley to be a board error. (not counting it out)

but more likely lack of lube, or and obstruction.

Brizio68
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The sliding system is lubricated.

When I turn on the plotter, during initialization, the  carriage assembly moves regularly first left then right and returns to the starting position.

Subsequently check the starwheel assembly by lifting it twice............after that the display show the message error 86:01...

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a black bushing on the top of the carriage assembly that sometimes gets knocked off when replacing the belt. Without that bushing the carriage sits to low and can hit either end. Also not sure on your model but some carriage assemblies have a little slide switch which has a setting of high and low and you want the setting to be on high. Picture of bushing is at link below:

https://www.ebay.com/i/272335208235?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Brizio68
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where it is located exactly the little slide switch ?

Is possible to have a picture ?

Thanks

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See the attached. Not sure if your carriage assembly has the switch but worth checking.

Brizio68
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

The black bushing is present and it is also present the slide switch that was set to LOW.

I change the set to HI and restart the plotter but the error persist ......:smileymad:

Any other suggestions ?

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the condition of the encoder strip on the right side of the printer by the service station and to the left of the service station. Make sure it is clean and if necessary use a lint free cloth dampened in water to "gently" clean the encoder. If you have already cleaned the encoder make sure you did not use to much pressure where some of the lines have been removed. Also check all the way to the right to make sure there is nothing preventing the carriage from going all the way to the right. When the carriage moves to the left and then back to the right it then moves or starts to move to the left again and if not in the correct position it will give the 86:01 error.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation