cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Kestin2006
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Error light-print head light blinking for black

HP Recommended
110 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP design Jet 110 Plus.  I have owned it for 10 years and it has worked perfectly.  I keep it covered most of the time and it has been flawless.  Inthe last year I have left it uncovered since Im plotting pretty much every week.  Since then I have had to replace print heads twice.  Sometime about 6 months ago it stopped printing color..only broken blue lines...

The black works fine.

2 weeks ago the yellow light turned on with the black print head light blinking.  I went on this site and did the recommended checks (rear cover, jam, doors closed, no broken hinges..ect."  Since no resolve I changed out the print head..still blinking so I changed the rest of the print heads out.  Still blinking!  Paperfeed when I turn on printer goes into ready mode but then the light blinks and the print head light blinks....will NOT PRINT!!!

What am I missing?  I've had the replacemtn print heads for a about 2 years in HP new boxes.  Could that be it?

Come on HP come through for me!

Thanks

Christian 

6 REPLIES 6
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting 10 years out of a low end designjet is actually very very good. Most do not last that long. Are you sure it is the printead blinking which will be the bottom of the bar for that color. If the top part where ink levels are shown then the ink cartridge has an issue. If it is the bottom, suggest you remove the printhead and take a lint free cloth and dampen with plain water and clean the contacts in the carriage assembly in the back that mate with the contact on the back of the printhead. If that does not work, the perhaps another printhead but you may be wasting money since the issue could be the carriage assembly or something else. Now if I am not ready you post correctly and the bottom of the bar for that color is not flashing, report back with what exactly is happening.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
speed143
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As per its isue with printheads..as said by you you have been not using the printer, and not changed the printheads, it has cloged...i can suggest to clean the conatcts and try to check if else you need to go with all new printheads( full set ).

As its old printer. you need to take it for service

Kestin2006
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your time.  Yes it is the print head light below the black ink light that is blinking.  I changed out the black ink as well to be sure and still an issue.  Now when i turn it on and open the small door the ink module moves out of the way for a sec and I can see down below there is some black ink build up...not much but some....wonder if that is the issue.  I did try and wipe down and also soaked the new and old print heads with a warm damp paperwowel and I am getting ink so I do not think it is clogged.

Will try and clean again....wonder if my print heads (new ones) have been sitting on my shelf too long and expired?

Thanks again for your time.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Residual ink on service station is not an issue. You did not read my post correctly as you need to clean the contacts inside the carraige assembly which mate with the contacts on the back side of the printhead. If you look at the back side of the printhead there are little copper colored squares which are contacts. They mate with contacts in the carriage assembly which can get very dirty, especially with the black ink. You need to take a lint free cloth and dampen and then using your index finger rub the contacts for the black in the carriage assembly with the cloth. You should get a lot of black ink on the cloth.

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Christian,

For this Designjet model the colors might have stopped printing due to the Print head Failure, if the print head is crossing the use by date or usage limitation of 100%.  For Print quality issue ( when the plotter is still working) 

when the plotter is ON - Press and hold the power button and press the Resume ( Green ) button 4 times to print the information page , and we can check the Print head usage and warranty. if it is exceeding then require replacement. also can check the warranty detail ( use by date ) on the  print head - printed in YYMMDD format.

Print an Allignment page to check which color is failing / not printing:

Holding the Power button press the Resume ( Green) button 3 times  > page will be printed with all colors in small blocks.

check that particular color print head in the info page printed and replace accordingly.

The current issue of Amber led flashing with the Print head symbol flashing , indicates that particular print head is faulty or out of warranty, may need to clean and refix or replace.

hope this Helps.

Vijay.

DJ_Exprt
Level 2
Level 2
29 29 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting your issue on HP forum and let me try best to provide solution to your issue.

1st you would have to check and confirm if it is ink cartridge or printhead related issue. If the pen icons on bottom of the front panel are blinking then issue is related to print head. If the rectangle boxes (with 4 square black boxes in each rectangle box) above each pen icons are flashing then issue is related to ink cartridge.

If the just the with 4 square black boxes without rectangle box around it is flashing then it is hardware error.

Since you have mentioned that issue is related to printhead and you have replaced printhead, however the issue persists then I would recommend to clean the flex contacts on the carriage assembly and pirntheads (do not clean nozzles from where ink comes out), check.

If issue persists, then I would suggest buying new printheads because you have replaced printheads with the ones that were purchased 2 years ago. Each printhead has install by date (approximately 6 months from date of manufacture) and out of warranty date (approximately 2 years from date of manufacture).

Also please note, if ink cartridges are less than 15%, then printhead replacement will fail. So please ensure there is enough ink in the ink cartridges before you initiate printhead replacement.

Regards,

Prasad

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation