cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
JC_Indiana
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Firmware Upgrade for L25500

HP Recommended
L25500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am unable to update the firmware on our L25500.  We have not upgraded every time firmware has become availabe and now I believe we need to upgrade in steps.  Where can I get older versions of firmware?  Our current firmware version is 5.0.0.8.

6 REPLIES 6
currentcreation
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am also having that problem. The current version 7 will not load onto the machine.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Txnese
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keep getting 79:04 error.  Has anyone been able to update the firmware to GG-CAL_07_00_01.5?  I have 6.0.1.3, but the printer won't boot up anymore.  I'm trying to update through web interface under Diagnotics Menu.

Does anybody know where you can get the firmware file so we can use the FTP option to update firmware?

Txnese
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like I was able to update firmware.  I had to update to 7.00.00.4 first, then i was able to update to 7.00.01.5.  Still not working though.   Might have HDD or memory issue.

currentcreation
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Interesting.

Where did you find the 7.00.00.4 file?

What about the version 6?

I have version 5

HP support was trying to tell me that it was not necessary to do it sequentially.

Seems like a bit of neglegence if it indeed needs to be done sequentailly, and the subsequent versions are not made available..

Txnese
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah,  didn't think it had to be done sequentially, but it did update this way.  Again,  I'm still stuck at 79:04, so I may have a hardware problem.

I googled firmware and found previous version, 7.  A lot of forums did mention version 6, but I never found a file to download.

Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to the HP Latex Knowledge Centre Website.

There may be more info from the posters there as where to find the older versions of FW.

Good Luck 

RoyK

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation