Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi...we have performed a lot of f/ware updates for our clients so they can fit new printheads...so the f/ware required is 5.01..and using the hp tool and usb connection we get the message saying firmware copied to printer. follow instructions on the printer...however nothing happens @ the printer and the f/ware remains at the earlier version...no error messages...seems to be with printers that have f/ware 4.02 or similar...any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's a computer-related problem for some reason update tool from your current laptop isn't working, try an update from a different computer WIN 7 or 10.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try a different computer to update firmware or OS, it's the something on the computer side that makes firmware update tool not working properly.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi..thanks for your reply...we have performed many f/ware updates from this laptop without fail..and it only seems to be an issue if the current f/ware version is 4.02....all earlier versions upgrade ok

HP Recommended

Are you 100% sure you did manage to previously updated firmware 05.01 from that laptop to DJ800 ( not DJ500)?

I had the same problems updating firmware on 800 while not problems on 500 no matter what previous firmware was, and the problem was on the computer side.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi..thanks fro your response..to be honest I am not 100% certain..I just know we have performed a lot of upgrades with just the odd failure..so I will try from a different pc...thanks

HP Recommended

Do you think it due to the version of windows on the pc?

HP Recommended

It's a computer-related problem for some reason update tool from your current laptop isn't working, try an update from a different computer WIN 7 or 10.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks Valsimot...used a different Laptop and worked first time....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.