cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Wayne_B
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Fuzzy Image - Z6800

HP Recommended
Z6800
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Getting a fuzzy edge to reds on my Z6800. May be hard to tell from photos but the print is not sharp on the edges.  This problem is only evident on the Chromatic Red. All edges on the other colors are sharp and well defined.

Have done the following:

Replaced all printheads

Cleaned all contacts

Replaced encoder strip

20170613_123812.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,639 305 673
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Does the issue occur on more than one type of media?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Wayne_B
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Haven't tried all of the medias we have in house but is happening on Grey bacl film, HP Premium ID Satin, and HP Premium ID Gloss

SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,639 305 673
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How's your humidity level?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Wayne_B
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We don't have a measurement device... unless there's one on the machine I can access.  We are in a climate controlled space so I'm thinking humidity is in check

Wayne_B
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Swapped in another set of Red printheads... no change

estebani
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, was this problem solved?

Wayne_B
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the most part. Still not perfect.  Swapped the maintenance cartridge and the pads on the left hand side of the machine.  I believe we did something else that helped, but can't recall exactly what it was.

Wayne_B
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Revisting this problem on my Z6800. This continues to be an issue. Most prints are usable with the issue, but I currently have a print with some type that is solid red. Customer is bouncing the job.

Any further ideas here?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation