cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis95
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Got a designjet 800ps C7780B would like to just cut 42 inch long pieces automatically any help?

HP Recommended
HP 800ps c7780b

I have a HP 800ps and would like to cut 42 inch long pieces of vinyl automatically. No printing just the pieces.

2 REPLIES 2
D Hook
Level 7
819 767 34 90
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've done that before with bond paper, just to get some sheet sizes I wanted.  I used a CAD program to draw a rectangle that, when printed, would be the size of paper i wanted.  But I used the white color instead of black or any other color since it doesn't actually print anything when you choose white.  Then sent that to the printer and it put out empty sheets the size I needed.

I would maybe test this on bond paper before doing the vinyl.  Not sure how the 800 will do cutting the vinyl though.  Worth a try.

0 Kudos
Dennis95
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow, that’s a great idea. thank you. I’ll give that a try tomorrow and let you know if it works for me.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation