Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have 8 Z6200 printers that we have been using for a few years, and over the past 6 months 4 of them (at different times) started printing with a greenish tint out of nowhere.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue and was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that they were able to fix.

One of the printers with this issue was still under warranty, and HP took 2 months of replacing all ink related parts with no success. They ended up replacing the printer.

They replaced all ink cartridges, print heads, ink tubes and delivery system, PCA board, trailing cables, hard drive, and anything else related to the ink delivery system.

We use a RIP software, but were able to eliminate that as a possible cause because we started printing internal black and white prints from the printer with the same issue. We would print the same internal print on an identical printer with out the color issue and you could clearly see one print was green and the other was black and white.

Each of our printers have run around 300,000 sq ft of media and kind of seems like there has to be a failing part somewhere that is causing this.

One thing I did notice when I would initially try to replace the print heads to solve the color issue, is that the new printheads status would change to Recover or Access IQ with very minimal use.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Last time I've printed large images, printer started to print green images just in the middle of file(they were brown at the start) it turned out it's internal colour calibration is deleted because ink cartridge is replaced and had to make a new calibration...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have done a new color calibration, but I can try again.

HP Recommended

Try a printhead tests for faiding colours from all printers, compare samples, colours must differ just a bit (5% is enough), and check which printheads are more dense (like Cyan and Light cyan) or Magenta ot LM. Check for clogged nozzles..etc. These PH's must be replaced. Some PH with more litres printed are more reliable than new ones 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.