Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 115
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 115 Latex- I bought this printer in December.  On Sunday I started to get a no inks error, I have tried everything that I could think of to get it to find them.  I have done a hard reset, I have removed the inks, the print heads, and the maintenance cartridge.  I have put them back in one at time, hoping that I could get some kind of a solution.  I did not.  I contacted HP Tech Support to be told that my warranty is actually expired.  That I had to complete the training on the 115 in order to get the extended warranty.  I have emailed back and forth with my rep on how the videos and test wouldnt load, and received back an email saying that it is a known issue, that sometimes the flash player doesn't work on their site, and that you just have to keep trying.  According to the log, I had spent almost 8 hours trying to get it to work.  I used IE, Chrome, and Firefox to see if I could get the videos to play.  I wasn't successful.  I have asked numerous times for an update on this issue, and that was on Monday- tomorrow is Friday.  I have been without my printer for 5 days, and have numerous orders piling up, and still can NOT get a straight answer from them.  I asked if I could just pay to go ahead and have the tech come out and we would deal with the warranty later.    I was informed that until warranty makes the decision on whether or not they are going to pay I am out of luck.  SO here I sit.  5 days in, with an impending bill of a minimum of 1500.00 on a printer that SHOULD be under warranty.  There are multiple other customers complaining of the same issue with the training.  So we were set up to fail? 

I was told with this issue it is either a trailing cable, print mech board, or the ISS board, but when I asked if I could purchase the boards and replace them my self I was told that I could not.  Just like the 3in spindle adapter that has a broken tab, they will not allow me to replace that piece either without purchasing a whole new spindle.  

At this point, I still wait and see what if any type of help the warranty department.  Once they decide... then I am charged 1500.00 bucks for them to come and fix my broken printer that is only 7 months old.  

I was ready to purchase an HP stitch, but after this type of customer service, I will NOT purchase another HP product.  It is very sad, I have always liked HP (all of my store computers are HPs, as well as 2 other printers)  and was completely excited about getting the stitch... but how can a company run this way?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dayvedidit

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.