cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
JRART
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DESIGNJET 1050C will not print

HP Recommended
designjet 1050c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have tried to hook this printer up to 3 different computers (OS) and I cannot get it to print. I have a Windows Vista laptop, a Windows 8 laptop and even tried a MAC desktop. I am using a Parallel to USB connector. I also tried to hook it up to the MAC through my router. I have never dealt with a printer like this, we got it for free. It will not print a test page.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,237 32,714 3,049 11,054
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JRART

The best I can do -- which is admittedly very little -- is to point you to the hordes of information still available for this venerable printer.  

There are two printers in this series:

Matching products for United States (2)

Choosing the 

There are a multitude of "How to" documents, Troubleshooting tips, and other information available to help you figure out whether that printer will print...

For example,

Category How to > Topic Printer Setup, Installation & Updates > Subjects Setup, Install & Connect the Printer

How to Install the HP Designjet Print Driver (Windows 10)

Driver Install and Uninstall in Microsoft Windows Vista

From the Category for User Guides, the list includes

HP DesignJet 1050C/1055CM User’s Guide - C6075-90101

Software and Drivers provides Drivers for Vista 32bit. 

If that pesky Windows 10 driver "Add a Printer" fails to install the Windows Drivers, 

from Category Troubleshooting > Topic Printer Setup, Installation & Updates

Windows 10 Built-in Driver Failed to Install

Reference and Resources

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP DesignJet 1050c Printer

Final Words - Longevity

Although printers of this type have an extended time frame for which the online support data is availabe, at some point the documentation, any available drivers, and other information may disappear.  Download and Save anything and everything that you feel is worth keeping.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation