cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
gladrich
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DESKJET2542 wifi updated

HP Recommended
hp Deskjet 2542

my Deskjet Printer 2542 was connected to my old wifi when it was first installed, but i have not used it in a while and my wifi network is been changed but when i turned it back on to use it was not printing either from my Phone and laptop, it was not connected to both, i think my printer is still connected to the old wifi network,  How do i update it to the new wifi network i have?

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 9,761 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gladrich

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer appears to be not connected to new wifi network. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To get the printer disconnected from the wifi network please perform the network defaults on the printer:

• Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for 5 seconds.

Please perform the wireless printer setup by following the steps from this HP article.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation