Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DESIGNJET T1100

Initialises correctly ..however when you try to load media from either roll it gives the message 

``remove roll from sheet path`` however there is no media in there..I have cleaned the sensors without success..

any suggetsions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you cleaned the sheet detection sensor? It's that small gap in the blue circle where you insert sheet, clean it well or use some compressed air to blow it. 

sheet sensor.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply..yes I have cleaned that sensor..I should add that the Plotter loads a sheet no problem at all..

HP Recommended

Plotter loads sheet without a problem because the sheet sensor is dirty or defect and plotter constantly detects loaded media in the sheet path.  I had the same problem like 10 times on different plotters, never had a defective sensor, always cleaning without any or with minimum disassembly helped.

Use a flashlight to locate sheet sensor and use alcohol wipes to get in that small gap and clean it once more.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply...I will take another look at it and report back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.