cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
r_cve
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP DesignJet 1055CM printhead mess

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 1055CM
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The black and cyan printheads were recently replaced. Once the plotter went through testing I noticed the black printhead must have been installed incorrectly. Opened it up, took out all the printheads and wiped them down but noticed a fair amount of black ink has gotten all over the printhead "holder". Is there a way to take the entire thing off to clean it? I need access to the bottom of the printhead holder so that I can wipe down film. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is very difficult to install a printhead incorrectly since it only fits in one way. Odds are you may have a leak in the tube assembly or fitting that goes into the printhead which usually requires the replacement of the tube assembly. Cleaning the bottom of the carriage is probably not necessary since if you look at the carriage with the printheads installed you will see that printheads extend about 1/4 inch below the bottom of the carriage. If you want to clean anyway, remove all printheads and with the power off with the switch in the back, open the cleaner door and pull the cleaner tray out and  take a lint free cloth and dampen in plain water and roll up a bit and stick in the printhead path and then move the carriage assembly over the cloth a few times to remove any ink on the bottom.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
r_cve
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much! I do think there may be a larger issue at hand but I wanted to clean it all and run a test once more before resulting in calling someone in to diagnose.

I appreciate it

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation