cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Yota4x4318
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DesignJet T1100ps not worked in 3 years

HP Recommended
DesignJet T1100ps

I just got a DesignJet T1100ps and it has not been used in 3 years, bad star wheel motor I was told. Is there anything I need to do after replacing star wheel motor. For instance is there going to be a problem with the printheads and the ink system. I am new with the large format printing so any advice will be great. I can replace the bad motor but I would rather do what it takes or needs to operate smoothly. And would rather do everything I could all at the same time. I see I will need a new carriage belt also. Please help me the best you can to prevent me spending money I do not need to.

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First , you have to boot it up & see what erros come up  , then solve the problem one by one. also need to check    

do cleaning for the trailing cable, silver metal rod, the lubricate it, also check   belt ,     printheads    ,    inks  etc etc     , 

Treat it as a learning lesson & you must master it if you intend to use your large format printer..

Everyone went thru it  before for sure.

Myself first time changed my  DJ500 42" belt & took me 2 weeks & kept  my fingers & toes crossed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation