cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dzings12
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP DesignJet T120 not printing above 300 dpi

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I haven't been able to print anything above 300 dpi and when I do print at 300 dpi it comes out bandy.  When I try to print at 600 + the paper just rolls out and doesn't print.  I'm assuming it's some kind of memory or spooling problem?  

4 REPLIES 4
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it depend on how much ram memory on you PC & your image size for 300dpi  & never use 600dpi...

Try use 200 dpi & best quality.....

Myself use Windows 7 with 12gb ram & Intel I7 quad CPU , 64bit , Adobe Photoshop cs5 64bit ,  I can print 36x48" in 300dpi     ok... evev bigger.. much bigger image, I use 200dpi...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dzings12
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have 16GB of ram (recent upgrade as I was having trouble with inDesign which is why I thought this would now work) and today am trying to print an item that is 24 x 48, but is just a blue background with some lettering, about 73kb.  

In the Printer Properties box under "Print Quality", there is a slider under "Standard options", I can only print if it's at "speed" and then the "rendering resolution" = 300dpi.  If I change the slider up to "quality"  or even between that, the "rendering resolution" =  600dpi, but it won't print.  If I click on Custom Options I get "fast", "normal", and "best," but I don't think that's any different than the slider.  How am I supposed to change it to 200 dpi?

juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

did you try to set maximum application resolution to 300 dpi?

T120_MAX_APP_RESOLUTION.JPG

Cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
dzings12
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It didn't help.  It won't print at all now and just unrolls paper.  I hate this thing.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation