cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Ludek
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DesignJet T520 24-in - Roll not loading successfully

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T520 24-in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

there is an issue with loading roll on my HP DesignJet T520 24-in Printer. The printer is not able to detect a roll. I'm using original HP Bright White Inkjet Paper (Q1445A).  Tried to  change Paper Type from Plain to Generic Natural Tracing Paper < 65 g/m2 and it worked for a while, but than the problem occurred again. Is it mean that the sensor is really damaged? Is there any way how to clear the sensor by myself?

HP Designjet T520 24in

Firmware Version AXP2CN1733AR
Total Page Count 11009

1 REPLY 1
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ludek,

Check the left side of the Spindle. I have found that the end ring sometimes loosens and then rolls have trouble loading.

Simply just snap/push back in and hopefully the rolls will be OK.

If the Sheet feed is  working then the sensor that detects media is working fine.

If the above does not help then there may also be a rewinder issue.

Good Luck,

Roy K

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation