Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T520

I work for a school district IT department. We have several DesignJets. To be honest I don't know much about them, but it's a printer right? 

Anyway, some students were using it and I have no idea what they did with it, but prior to that it was working fine. Now, whenever the power button is pressed it lights orange/red. But it doesn't go beyond that. It doesn't stay lit orange, only as long as you hold down the power. There were no power surges that I'm aware of as I was at the school at the time. I tried changing sockets, I made sure the power was plugged in at both outlet and at the printer properly. If I open the cartridge door, it doesn't move the cartridges over to the opening like it should. No error code on screen, the screen does not light up. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

try to unplug the power cord, wait for 15 seconds.....

keep your fingers crossed.  then plug the cord back & hope printer sounds....

also check your power source & make sure it has power.

good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

try to unplug the power cord, wait for 15 seconds.....

keep your fingers crossed.  then plug the cord back & hope printer sounds....

also check your power source & make sure it has power.

good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi Jason, 

That worked! But it seems like anytime I power off the printer I have to follow your suggestion and unplug for a minute or two. 

Is that expected behavior? Or should I be opening a ticket with HP? 

HP Recommended

same method can try on person computers, also other equipments. I seen this happen frequently.

No need to contact hp tech support & they only knew reading service manual pages.

glad your problem solved, that counts. Get an good ups unintereupted power supply & protect

the printer & computer, in case of powe flickers, also not to waste expensive materials.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.