Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z2600 (T0B52A)
Other

Hello,

I am having great difficulty getting this unit to get past the initialization process. It hits 8% and stalls, or other times it cannot complete the File System Check. It also gives me error code 8:11; as for the lights, I - SolidII - No LightIIINo Light. Here is what I've tried:

Took out the formatter (I believe that's what it's called) and reseated it, yields the same result. I've taken the HDD out and put in a fresh one, but then learned the firmware cannot be installed as such. I then connected the printer's HDD to a docking station; Windows could not detect it as a drive, but it did appear under devices- however I did notice it could not maintain a steady connection; it kept disconnecting. Is that due to the HDD being encrypted or could it be faulty?

Anyways I reinstalled the printer's HDD back onto the formatter, and still have the same issue. Also, I cannot find a service manual for this model or a vendor that has the parts for it. I see parts for other models but not this one specficially- could other parts be compatible with this model by chance? I tried looking for z5600 (they both share the same user guide) as well but yielded nothing.  I would appreciate any advice on this, thanks!

Product Name: HP DesignJet Z2600 (T0B52A)

Edit: 5/16/19

Initialization reached 65% but then stopped. I left it on overnight just in case but it did not continue initializing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI, 

Did you solve the problem? I have similar issue I guess....

Have the same printer and initializing stops at 95% and It takes about 20 minutes to start the printer. 

The colours of the picture after print looks completely different then the original image. 

Strange is...I hade the same problem with my last printer HP Z2100.... the same symptoms, always happen after warranty.....

Any advise?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.