Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet z3200 44" Rev A

The following is mostly copy/paste from another thread with the exact same issue. I've also tried the same steps to no avail. 

Printer: DesignJet Z3200

Turn this printer on and the screen illuminates, but is blank, and the display makes three audible beeps. The power button blinks green repeatedly till the end of time.

Things I have tried:

Reseat the formatter board
--Same Result

Reseat the Display Panel Ribbon
--Same Result

Remove the formatter board and start without it
--Same Result EXCEPT no auduble beeps (blank screen and blinking power button remain)

Disconnect Harddrive and install Formatter Board
--Original Results (beeps, blank screen, blinking power button)

I have seen other people comment about the blank screen and blinking power button, but no one saying anything about the 3 beeps. I assume it must be similiar to a bios error code. Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or suggestions about this.  I read through the repair manual for this, but it didnt touch on the beeping error codes. 

I am leaning towards it perhaps being a dead harddrive or bad formatting board, however I dont have access to any others to test with, and I dont want to just blindly throw money at the problem.  If anyone has any suggestions, or other diagnostic type tests to look into I would be happy to listen.

I have also read som others refferencing "lights" on the board.  The board the formatting board plugs into appears to have 2 red LEDs (approximate location shown below) The LED i am calling B is on steady while the power is on, the LED i am calling A flashes on only momentarily while being first powered on, then remains off. Not sure what those are indicating.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here's a website that might help.  Rev A is not the same as Rev B so read carefully.

http://z3200.com/

LPSComputer.com is a great source for drives.  Make sure you communicate with them as to what you need and the problem you're having.  They're very helpful in getting the right part for you.  No affiliation, just satisfied customer.

Let us know what happens.  Those Z3200's are great photo printers.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

According to the troubleshooting documents, 3 beeps indicates a memory issue. I have seen some people report that a dead button cell on the formatter can cause issues so you may want to try replacing that if it is a pop out style and not soldered to the board.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello 

Just replace HDD 

With Virgin one 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283884891878

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.