Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

We have a HP DesignJet z5600 and we have been unable to close the ink cartridge door.

We have tried the old "Turn it off and on again" routine as well as jiggling the door around (that was mentioned elseware on this forum).

I tried sending a print job and trying to close that was also mentioned on this forum as a fix.

Nothing has worked so far.

We do have 3 cartridges that are being reported out of date but we have "Confirmed" this with the printer via the menu screen.

Other than this it seems to print and operate fine.

Is anyone able to provide a fix or suggestion as to how this might be resolved.

Thanks in advance...

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I just tried the Silicon spray and had success in closing the door without anything breaking.

A big thanks to Repairatrooper for giving me the courage to apply a bit more pressure to the door to get it closed.

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

the door is strictly a mechanical open close, I do not believe there is even any switches as you state it will print with the door open.  I have had some stiff doors but if it will not close at all make sure the there is nothing blocking the hinge.

The only problem we see consistently is users not capturing the metal bail with the blue handle when closing the printhead cover.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Repairatrooper,

I have had a look and cannot see any obstructions.

It makes a creaking noise that comes before something snapping, when I try to close it so I am a bit reluctant to.

I guess it isn't effecting operation so I will leave it up and will try it from time to time.

Looking a a Youtube "Ink Cartridge Replacement" video it looks like there was no resistance when the person closed it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl5fDDPwYFw&feature=youtu.be&t=45)

I have got some silicon spray that I am going to try today unless you suggest otherwise.

Thanks again for your help.

Tim

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I just tried the Silicon spray and had success in closing the door without anything breaking.

A big thanks to Repairatrooper for giving me the courage to apply a bit more pressure to the door to get it closed.

Thanks,

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.