Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

On an HP Designjet 4500 Scanner I get a thin white vertical line at about the location of the right stitch wire. White line is Full length.  For what it's worth I have it on the  "photo" setting.

I have tried cleaning the white background, the glass, and underneath the glass.

I don't see a scratch on either the glass or white background in the vicinity of the white vertical line.

I don't see a dust speck in that vicinity.

I have calibrated several times deleting the parameter blocks a few times as well.

The calibration sheet is beat up a bit but not real bad, not dog-eared, but it is used. It does have a degree of dark roller marks.

I've got to get rid of this white line. Not sure what to do presently.

(I have noticed the roller marks on the calibration sheet appear to come thru on the scans as well. I have gotten rid of that some with a background cleaning setting of 10.)

I confess I have used a "daylight" fluorescent lamp instead of the OEM lamp. This has worked OK on other 4500s.

Maybe I should go back to the OEM lamp which has about 4200 hours on it.

Maybe this is caused by the non-OEM lamp; I don't know.

Thanks for any input whatsoever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As best as I can tell vertical roller wear marks on the calibration sheet are being transferred to scanned images causing white vertical lines to appear in scanned images.

I purchased a new calibration sheet, used it,  and that took care of it.

Thanks for your reply Repairatrooper.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I doubt the bulb is causing this issue. As it is right on the stitch line, have you moved any of the camera adjustments? Also I would note that it is possible to source the identical tube used in the Oem assembly and the last ones I bought were about 25 each, but the light spectrum ensures better color scanning and a standard daylight bulb.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

As best as I can tell vertical roller wear marks on the calibration sheet are being transferred to scanned images causing white vertical lines to appear in scanned images.

I purchased a new calibration sheet, used it,  and that took care of it.

Thanks for your reply Repairatrooper.

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper,  where do you source the OEM lamp for the 4500 and other scanners at $25 per each?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

They are not the OEM lamp, they are spec equivalent lamp made by the same manufacturer as the OEM but are simply the bulb that you then insert into the existing HP lamp carrier. The last ones I purchased were from a lamp vendor in British Columbia called Specialty Bulb. The lamps are German made and took about 2 months to get. If you look at the OEM tube from a scanner it will have the exact specs, but it is not a bulb someone like HomeDepot is going to stock.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.