Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 4500 Scanner
Microsoft Windows XP

I have HP Designjet 4500 (q1277a) and HD (cq654a) Scanners. I have updated the software on each to version 24.1. (Maybe that is the problem—the version 24.1 software update. I don’t know.) Upon restarting the panel PCs I am unable to print to a T1100 and T1120 printer. I have to re-install the printers after a restart of the panel PCs in order to get them to print. They are seemingly ok to print until the next restart of the panel PCs. (I am not sure whether they lose printer connectivity over time.) I get the following error:

“52-7 Unable to write to the device. Please check connection to the storage device or printer.”

And at times I get:

“Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\HP\JETimage\JI.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”

Please help if at all possible. Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Well, it seems the problem lay in the long printer name I had:

"HP Designjet T1100 44in"

I changed it to just simply (I tried to make it no more than 8 characters):

"T1100"

All seems OK now...knock on wood, tentatively.

Boy, it's always something. Ha.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Well, it seems the problem lay in the long printer name I had:

"HP Designjet T1100 44in"

I changed it to just simply (I tried to make it no more than 8 characters):

"T1100"

All seems OK now...knock on wood, tentatively.

Boy, it's always something. Ha.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.