cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
GeophysGuy
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Designjet 510 Spases between pdf pages

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo,

I have a have a trouble with Designjet 510. I have to print pdf documents on roll paper. The documents consist of a number of pages 8.5x10.67 in. When I try to print it using this plotter it puts large spaces between the pages, but I need a continuous image on the roll as a result. I tried to choose “Remove Margins between Pages” in Print>Properties> Finishing, but that doesn’t change anything.

Can I somehow avoid this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
speed143
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please check if you have nesting option, as you use roll, it will print with next page...so if you have option called nesting you can enable and use it

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jorge70
Level 4
101 101 6 13
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The HP not have nesting option. In this case you have to set in the print menu, page format/page size/ area with ink. in this case the printer will cut the paper immediately upon finishing the printing leaving only the margins and you will not lose as much paper.

I hope helps
Best regards
Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Paper size 8.5 x 10.67 is a custome size, smaller than A4.

Set the custome paper size in the printer driver > Printer prioperties > Printing Preferences > Paper quality > Custom : set paper size and save with a name.

select this paper size when print.  Selection sould be done in Printing Preference and in Advanced > printing Defaults. (all under the driver properties)

For information: Plotter will have a bottom margine of 17 mm by default when print in roll, this is to hold the edge after the printing is done.

Hope this helps.

GeophysGuy
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It helps, thank you. But it still doesnt work properly. Now when I try to print PDF on roll plotter does it whithout spaces between pages. But it adds huge edges (about 17 mm on right and 15 mm on left). In the PDF file displayed it was about 2 mm on right and left.

I tried to convert this file in TIF and printed it from MS Paint. It was better but, despite I set  0.01 mm edges in the Paint printing parameters, edges still was added (9 and 7 mm).

I suppose that the plotter still ads margins and Adobe Acrobat DC does it too. So printed picture is compressed.

The proplem is that it is very important to keep corret plot scale and I cann't do it because of resize.

I tried to print using  'Small margins' option in printer properties but in only adds a little spases (about 4 mm) after every page.

May be there is some spesial soft for printing using this plotter? And why HP Click doesn't support Designjet 510?

GeophysGuy
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It helps, thank you. But it still doesn’t work properly. Now when I try to print PDF on roll plotter does it without spaces between pages. But it adds huge edges (about 17 mm on right and 15 mm on left). In the PDF file displayed it was about 2 mm on right and left.

I tried to convert this file in TIF and printed it from MS Paint. It was better but, despite I set  0.01 mm edges in the Paint printing parameters, edges still was added (9 and 7 mm).

I suppose that the plotter still ads margins and Adobe Acrobat DC does it too. So printed picture is compressed.

The problem is that it is very important to keep correct plot scale and I can’t do it because of resize.

I tried to print using 'Small margins' option in printer properties but it only adds a little spaces (about 4 mm) after every page.

Also I don't have these problems printing same files via same programs using plotter of another manufacturer.

May be there is some special soft for printing using this plotter? And why HP Click doesn't support Designjet 510?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation