Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows XP

Ive been trying to upgrade my firmware but it says I cannot upgrade it, I get a warning that the printers current firmware version must be A.02.06 or higher. The version on the printer is only A.02.05. Where do I go from here?
There is a thread that says its solved, by selecting Windows XP and selecting the firmware from there which is version 4.
My question is, can i upgrade straight from version A.02.05 to version A.04.02 ?
Its imperative I know the answer to this as I've hear people brick their designjet over updating the firmware version in leaps.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can instal firmware from A.02.05 to A.04.02 

But if you want to instal the latest firmware A.05.01 then you can't jump from A.02.05 to A.05.01.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.