Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet L26500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey Guys, 

Just want to know if any of you have an idea of what is happening here... it's not printing yellow properly and when I do the all plots test print it shows a big magenta rectangle on top of the yellow nozzles.

I realised something was wrong when my red prints started to print pink and everything that contains yellow is printing a weird colour.

I already changed both printheads and also the yellow cartridge.  

The technician was also here and he doesn't know what it's happening... 

Not sure what else I can do?

All Plots.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Lets use some common sense here. Look at heads 3 and 4 and one of those heads (4) in the last post is missing all the yellow. The last post you gave us 1/2 of the yellow is missing which if from the same post where head 4 is missing yellow shows the missing 1/2. You have bad printhead period and until you replace with known good head you will not solve the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Looks to me like printhead #3 is defective. I would replace that first.

HP Recommended

After that photo, I replaced printhead 3 and printed a new test, and this was the result

All Plots 2.jpg

HP Recommended

Lets get real here. I do not know if you just swapped 3 and 4 or if your heads are just flakey, but look at head 4 as all the yellow is missing. You need to get a test as you print with all printheads filling the each number with complete color.

HP Recommended

I didn't swap and actually not all the yellow is missing, maybe is not the best photo, I just cropped the photo and zoomed for a better view... Technicians are here again, hopefully, they will solve the problem this time.

All Plots 2 zoom.jpg

HP Recommended

Lets use some common sense here. Look at heads 3 and 4 and one of those heads (4) in the last post is missing all the yellow. The last post you gave us 1/2 of the yellow is missing which if from the same post where head 4 is missing yellow shows the missing 1/2. You have bad printhead period and until you replace with known good head you will not solve the issue.

HP Recommended

Maybe they both came from a faulty batch, I just ordered new heads, I'll change them tomorrow to see the result. 

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

I have seen odd things happen with Printheads when the Primer assembly is missing the rubber nibs.

Confirm the Primer Assy. (crane looking device above the carriage on right side) has all 4 nibs.

If not, replace the primer assy and calibrate. 

Also, run the Force Drop detect program, then recalibrate the drop detector.

Good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

I ordered new printheads and changed them, now is working fine, I guess the printheads that I put first were from a faulty batch

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.