cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
williebdale
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Designjet SD Pro Scanner

HP Recommended
RA52R
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How do you copy a file form the unit to a usb drive. When i insert a USB its doesn't show that it is connected in the file management tab.

1 REPLY 1
cyun
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

i suggest you can just simply change another USB or try below steps.

Issue

Some of the USB drives available in the market cannot be used with an HP DesignJet T1120 SD scanner and are detected as read-only.

Workaround

The user can scan to destination folders on computers known within the local network (LAN) or folders on a USB flash drive inserted in the touch screen.
The user may face issues with some of the USB drives available in the market. They may be detected as read-only memory. This is because of a partition within the USB drive loaded with auto-launching application U3. These drives come preinstalled with the U3 launchpad, which emulates the start menu. The moment the USB drive is inserted, the scanner reads the auto-launch application and detects the USB drive as read-only. This will not allow the user to scan to the USB. These drives can be used with external computers without any issue.
To overcome this, the user needs to remove the U3 launchpad application from the flash drive. Formatting the drive does not remove the application.
The U3 launchpad application can be removed safely using the U3 launchpad removal tool, a third-party free software available on the Internet. Just download and run the tool to remove the launchpad application. After that the drive works correctly with the SD scanner.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation