cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Lapstrake13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Designjet T120 uneven printing

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our designjet T120 prints unevenly.  It prints in "bands".  Here is a picture of what it does.  I've cleaned the ink heads AND replaced the printhead and it still does it.  What else can I do?FullSizeRender.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
archilles23
Level 5
Level 5
214 207 4 47
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lapstrake13,

Understand that you experience the "banding" printout issue which showing uneven color for your object/photo. From you description, you have done printhead cleaning and alignment.

May i suggest you consider below step if it improve the situation as suggsted in our support doc HERE

1. Ensure proper media type is selected from the printe menu/settings. Some unqualified media may not provide satisfactory print quality.

2. Check the printing driver settings. For better quality photo please select Best / Normal printing mode for printing photo/color object.

3. Check Ink system ensure sufficient ink available. Front panel, press the () icon, then select Image Quality Maintenance, and then select Print Diagnostic Image

4. Check paper advance setting. Front panel, press the () icon, then select Image Quality Maintenance, then select Paper Advance Calibration, and then select Calibrate Ready Paper.

5. Ensure environment within the printer to print in optimum conditions.

Thanks.

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Knug
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same concern.  It appears to be software related, i.e. the printer driver.  I have been unable to resolve the issue.  The troubleshooting guide doesn't address this consistent, software problem.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation