cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Frtiz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Designjet T1200 -Does HP or another source make Pigmented ink for all 6 inks, not just MK?

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T1200 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a source or even a posibility to convert the T1200 to ALL pigment based inks?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't bother. Not possible since prindheads are made for non-pigment based inks (much smoller molecules than in pigment inks).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Frtiz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but I was hoping someone made printheads/ink cartriges to convert to all pigmented inks.  Seems if someone made the ink cartrige and heads to fit printer, it could be convereted. Not that anyone would, just hoping.

Thanks again!

rera
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could buy empty and refillable cardridges for T1200 and put pigmented inks in them but I doubt they would work well.

I already bought them and I can't find the right dye inks.

Frtiz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I imagine it would need new printer heads to match the new ink. I was just hoping someone made an adapter/converison kit.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation