Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T520-24 in
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello everyone:

I'm trying to install HP Designjet T520 on a Windows 7x32 bit (SP1:7601) ..

I got a problem opening Printer Preferences, when I Click on printer Preferences; an empty screen shows up and immediately fade away in a second.

Also, HP tools such as HP DesignJet Utility can't recognize the printer, it just shows the printer name with "USB" in connection field.

I'm thinking about a driver problem. However, the installation of the driver do not give any trouble while installing

I tried to use the full driver (about 1.1 GB from HP website) one time , and installing the printer using .inf using windows "Add Printer" another time, I got the same problems both times

I offline installed .netframework 4.5.2 (required for the driver) and I tried offline .netframework 4.7, nothing changed

Note: I tried to install the driver for Windows 10 x64 and everything worked well, my problem is on windows 7 x32

Many thanks for help in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @YahyaMemeh 

Because Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft I cannot guarantee you that it will work fine, did you try both drivers? at hp.com there is the basic HPGL2 one from 2018 I will suggest you using it because the PCL3 is version 4 and maybe doesn't work well under Windows 7.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @YahyaMemeh 

Because Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft I cannot guarantee you that it will work fine, did you try both drivers? at hp.com there is the basic HPGL2 one from 2018 I will suggest you using it because the PCL3 is version 4 and maybe doesn't work well under Windows 7.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

windows 7 is fine for hp designjet printers, myself using it 64bit   pcl driver everyday   .I like better than Windows 8, 10 etc.

you should try :

on windows 7 printer menu,   remove all  hp printers..    restart  ...   if you see windows found new printer & could

not install ... which means    printer driver was not install properly....

first download the right driver , right version for your model,  unzip    .... then go to printer
property,     change setting..... update driver..... point it to the directory where you store the

right download driver.....it should install correctly by now....

if you use the hp utility ??   you should uninstall  it ,    the restart windows & reinstall hp utility again....

myself encounter same problem on my Z3200 44" always.....

after you use the preference, make sure click     apply      .....ok...

for reference only ..

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

I tried basic HPGL2 and it opens the printer preferences, but one of my ink cartridge was empty and need to be replaced so I need some time to order a new one to test the printer well with this driver.

Once I get the ink I will retry again, if any problems appear, I will ask for Help

Till that time thanks a lot for the help.

HP Recommended

Hello @YahyaMemeh 

More than glad to help you.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.