cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Ramanan980
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP Designjet T770 PLT Firmware needed

HP Recommended
HP Designjet T770 (44'') Printer - CH539A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

i need a PLT Firmware for this Printer: HP Designjet T770 (44'') Printer - CH539A

The Problem: This Printer hangs in the Bootsequence at 58%.

I read the Servicemanual that explains this. ( The Link is not working 😞 😞

Upload the firmware file (> put <firmware.plt>.Standard FMW files that are available in the
customer Web site will not work with this method, since FMW files need to be uploaded through
the EWS in order to work. You will need to use a firmware file in PLT format instead. You can
obtain the PLT firmware for the latest available firmware versions in the LFP Customer Assurance
Web site (http://bcnsite.bpo.hp.com/csw/).

Best regards,

Ramanan

11 REPLIES 11
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,345 6,328 754 1,062
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried to upload firmware with .fmw file on a USB drive?

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ramanan980
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, i tried. But still hangs in 58%.

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, i have experienced the 58% hang on 2 - T770s and both times I had to replace the main pca to resolve it.

If interested, You might try to contact Vincent Le of Letech Solutions regarding the problem and a replacement board:  714-754-1217

Ramanan980
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

are you sure? No other way for Firmware Update?

Replace PCA or Hard Disk with FW?

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I am about 99-100% sure it is the main pca that needs to be replaced. Again I have encountered the 58% hang twice and both times it was a bad main pca. Ideally only get a new one (obviously it includes the power supply), or used/refurbed one (it would  only be the board probably) from say Vincent Le of Letech Solutions, Santa Ana, CA at 714-754-1217--call him for confirmation as well. I am not him BTW. I have just found him to be very reputable and knowledgable over the last many years.

Part #CH538-67009 (both main pca and power supply).

FYI, Vincent says:

"Available

Just PCA mainboard for $250
Or whole EMOD which includes PCA, PSU, fan...for $350

Let me know."

Ramanan980
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

i replaced the MainPCA with PSU and so on with a new one.

Still the same error....

Maybe Formatterboard or Hard Disk?

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I feel pretty darn bad! as I told you I was very confident that it was the main pca. I was too confident. Ideally I was wanting you to contact Vincent of Letech Solutions to confirm. Again, that was the problem for 58% hangs on 2 - T770s that I have worked on.

In spite of my overconfidence, I think What I should have asked:  What is the light pattern on the formatter, under I, II, and III? at least that if not more.

I'm very sorry.

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again, I feel very crappy about all this. I was hoping you would first contact Vincent Le of Letech Solutions 714-754-1217 before installing a new emod--he sells them.

It COULD be the hard drive.

Please call him first, Regarding a T770 hard drive--explain the formatter light pattern, etc., Vincent says:

"We got those HDDs available for $95 each

CH538-67078
For the Designjet T770/T1200 Formatter - NEW MSG SATA HDD
with FIRMWARE UPGRADE rev TT6-TTAJ_08_02_02-03 profile stored in USB flash
drive INCLUDED"

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

....furthermore, I did not think of this earlier and it would probably not make a difference but... have you while grounding yourself removed the formatter and tried to clean the contacts and reseat it?  Clean the contacts by rubbing a rubber eraser (I have heard this suggested.) on the contacts to clean them. Wipe all debris away.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation