cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Britanyloss
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Designjet print not aligned PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended
Designjet l25500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, we purchased a printer about three weeks ago. We have tried every possible setting, cleaning etc. replaced all printheads but our prints are still not aligned. About every 12 inches or so the print is “off” it’s a few centimeters lower causing a blur. We have adjusted the advance speed.

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Attached are the calibrations you can make. I would try the first one.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Britanyloss
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you I will try. I was working with a tech and after doing three printhead cleans it got worse. It’s now off vertically and horizontal. All new print heads but.. expired ink. The tech suggested replacing all printheads again, all inks, and the cleaning kit. Unfortunately he couldn’t guarantee that would fix it. And if it didn’t then it was a hardware issue which couldn’t be fixed because it is end of life. So not sure what to do now
faustino059
Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your printer is not brand new.

1. Replace the paper media advanced transmission with encoder disc and adjustment  tool.

2. Calibrate paper advance.

3. Printhead alignment.

4. Calibrate color.

If your printer is new.

1. Replace the encoder disc

2. Calibrate paper advance.

*you will need paper media transmission adjustment toll if your paper advance motor is not aligned properly.

3. Printhead alignment.

4. Calibrate color.

marie

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation