Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet t2500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to print out some artwork onto somewhat clear mylar rolls (Silk Screen Waterproof Inkjet Color, Separation Film from Fixxons). However, after feeding the product into the machine, it gets rejected and the message on the screen tells me to close the door. I tried attaching a lengthy piece of paper onto the end of the mylar roll as a lead but it still got rejected. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Try Changing the Paper type selection to Transparent / Clear film when loading  on the printer and on the printer driver properties > media type ( more).

Else printer will try to sense the leading edge , left and right margin for reference.

usually films will have a white sticker strip as a left margin which will work as a reference for the line sensor to detect media.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello John,

This printer has sensor which detects the media that is being loaded. During the load process, if unsupported media is used and the sensor doesnt detect the media, then printer will not load the roll.

You may try running line sensor calibration. If the issue persists and if the issue is only with clear mylar rolls (Silk Screen Waterproof Inkjet Color, Separation Film from Fixxons), then i suggest you to check with below HP rolls which are supported by the printer.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=C3875A&opt=&sel=SUP

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=17983

You may buy HP roll online by using below link

http://www.globalbmg.com/hp/en/

Please click on below link for more information on specification of the printer

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7153ENA.pdf

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding some tape onto the edge that enters the printer, but no luck.

This is what happens:

1. I feed the paper

2. It accepts it and starts processing the paper

3. The windows says there is a skew and tries to correct it

4. Again, it says there is a skew and tries to correct it

5. Load then gets cancelled

I also tried attaching a piece of paper to the roll and feeding that into the machine. It worked once but it later spit out the roll.

HP Recommended

Hi John,

This plotter will support Transparent / film , matt film and back lit material.

Please ensure to do the correct paper selection  paper selection - If the Mylar what  you are loading is a clear film then select Film / Transparent media when loading .

Also it is noticed the plotter proceeds to load media when put a sticker at the leading edge -- means  the line sensor is detecting the initial part and then as it check for the skew on the left side it does not get the reflection.

Try Sticking the Tape Verticall on the to the media ( Left of media when loading )

Also check the user guide if plotter support Mylar as the driver settings does  not have it in the list.

even if the media gets loaded, it will not be confirmed if the ink will still dry on the media if it is not a inkjet support media.

( Try the Sticker vertically and media selection )

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for the advice.

I checked the list of papers that the printer can support. Mylar is not on the list but Transparent/Film

I tried sticking a tape vertically and on the left edge, and now, it is telling me that the paper is too narrow? The printer then cancels the load. I also added tape to the leading edge and a vertical one on the left edge. The same result happens: paper is too narrow.

Should I add the veritcal tape closer to the center?

HP Recommended

Hi John,

The paper loading senerio what you explained shows the line sensor is looking in for a Normal paper and detects the tape struck on th the left margin - which detects as a narrow media.

Try this step for paper loading :

1.  On the plotter when loading the Mylar > printer prompts to select paper type >  select Clear Film ( or any other transparent media )

If the above option does not appear > On the plotter look for the media type settings and change to Clear film.

2. with this selecetion the line sensor will not try to detect the media width.

3. On teh PC Printer driver - Properties > paper / Quality tab > select paper type as Clear film and check.

Let me know with this selection it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.