Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet z6100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to do a secure disk clean on the HDD, tried unsecure, and secure fast and slow, however drive will not wipe. Tried several times, any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

let's try to clean the OMAS  and the line sensor because the issue seams HW

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello,

you tried:  Disk Wipe DoD 5220.22-M with 5-Pass Mode ?

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes. Only takes 3 or so hours. Service manual claims it to take 40. Process completes, nothing is reformatted, retains current software, loaded paper, and error code 79.04. Have tried 1 pass, 5 pass, and unsecure. Fair to assume that when the drive is reformatted, it should bring you back to some sort of setup screen, i.e language etc. That doesn't happen. Appreciate any help you can provide.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, if I understood, you would like to perform wipe because you get 79:04?

if yes, when the 79:04 appear? 

did you try ERROM Reset?

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes tried ERROM reset several times. 79.04 appears during paper load.

HP Recommended

Hello,

if the FMW is already up to date version: 11.00.02.4

Url : (https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/designjet/z6100/GG-GG_11_00_02_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw)

In this case, the HDD replacement is required.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes it is on the most recent software.  This doesn't explain why the unit will not wipe the HDD. Could it be the main formatter board. The previous HDD I had, I was not able to wipe either

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes according to the troubleshooting and the HDD replacement, you can start with

Cleaning carefully the encoder strip: (Edge 2 Edge)

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have cleaned the encoder strip prior. Could the main formatter board cause the hdd from reformatting?

HP Recommended

yes please go ahead.

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.