Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

MS powerpoint or word program (MS Office Home & Student Ed. 2016) gets down when trying to print using HP deskjet 1510. The following is the error message.

Problem.JPG

Sorry that it is Korean. It says

"Microsoft Word operation is interrupted.

A problem caused the program operation to stop. Windows

will close the program and teach you whether there is a solution.

<Close> Button"

PDF files are printed well, so it is not a problem of the printer itself. I visited Microsoft website and they taught me to test using Microsoft XPS Document Writer. XPS print is OK. That means, according to MS, a printer driver compatibilty issue. I tried to find the latest HP deskjet 1510 printer driver in your HP website, but only to find just one version, dated Nov. 2015, which is installed in my laptop.

Someone pls help me. Thanks for reading.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kaistfly,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues only while printing from Microsoft applications. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

As you have mentioned in your post that you're able to print from other applications but not from Microsoft applications, this can be an issue with printer permission. Try the below mentioned solution and check if that helps.

Solution 1:

Press the "Windows logo key" + "r" to get “Run" - Type "spool" and press ok.

Right-click on "PRINTERS" - Select "Properties"

Select "Security" tab. You will find few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save / apply the settings.

Go to "Devices and printers", right-click on the new printer that you installed and select "Printer properties".

Select "Security" tab. You will find few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save / apply the settings.

Restart your computer and then try to print.

Solution 2:

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type %temp% and press ok.

Note what the full path is  (in my case, it was "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp")

Go up one level in the directory tree

Right click on the temp directory (in my case, "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local"), and select "Properties"

Go to the Security tab, and select "Users" from the group or user names

Click "Edit"

Select Users, then check the box by "Full Control"

Click "Apply"

You may get a whole bunch of error messages about inheritance, just hold down the Enter key until they all go away.

Click "Cancel" a couple of times to dismiss the properties boxes

Go forth and print from any application and check.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.