cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
RAC-FDA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 500 PS does not recognize a new print head

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 500 PS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a new print head but it is not recognizing the head.  It goes to the check print head screen and then goes back and sets the printer up for installing a new print head.  When I put the old print head back in it completes the check print head screen and the alignment protocol, but it says that the print head is out of ink.  Why does it not recognize the new print head (C4810A black)?

2 REPLIES 2
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those printers quite old & always air in the inktubes.

You should use replace printhead option & when carriage box moved to left.. unplug it.  remove printhead & use

a syringe to draw out ink & make sure no bubbles...  do the same for other inks.   meantime clean the contacts.

Plug back power cord, when printer prompt for printhead, put the new one & see what happen. Might have to

few times.. I seen this problem often.

Also new printheads, you need to check the expiration date.. I seen on Ebay some were dated before 2010

etc.   those dark color with cyan butterflys were much newer.

I bought 2 sets remanfactured for $45 on Ebay , a set of 4. working beautiful & perfectly & I quickly repaired 2 DJ500

one weekend.

For your reference...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

Please try to update the latest firmware and checked if not solved. ...please replace under warranty printheads. 

HP has release new Firmware version for HP Printhead replace issue. Please download the below firmware (V-3.8) from below link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301

Please use MS OS: Win xp 32bit for Firmware upgrading issue

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation