cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
RockyTopGal
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 7610 Won't Go Online

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Wide Format 7610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I added the printer to my laptop along with the software needed to add it to the wireless network. It shows that it's connected to the internet and gives me the IP Address. Everything appears to be working except it will not go online so I can use it. It is the only printer I have and I uninstalled the Canon Printer that was used before I bought this one. I've restarted my laptop and printer a couple of times and now I'm at my wits end. Hopefully it will be something short and simple. I've worked on this since 4pm and it's now 9:30. Nothing should be this difficult! !

Thank You in Advance! !  🙂 

1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 5,900 488 959
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @RockyTopGal

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print as the printer comes up offline, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer? (This would let me know that the printer is working fine.)

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.

The easiest way to overcome printer offline issue is by assigning a manual IP Address to the printer. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation